Tuesday 14 February 2012

Creating a warm space...


Oh my goodness, it has been a tough few days as the boiler decided to break down during the coldest period possible. It happened on Friday morning and an engineer wasn't available to come out to us until Monday late afternoon. Thus, no central heating, no hot water - a test of endurance and a return to old fashioned living. Not for the faint hearted I can tell you! Luckily a lively fire in the front room and a borrowed electric heater (why do they always smell of burning dust even when the dust should have burned long ago?) for the bedroom, saved us from completely turning to ice. 


In the midst of all this I made the conscious decision to not let this situation take control over me, although what I really wanted to do was hibernate completely. Prompted by the wise Liz Lameroux, I decided to go on a photo adventure instead, to capture the moments of goodness and warmth, to live these moments mindfully instead of giving in to that horrid sense of overwhelm. It made me feel surprisingly childlike again, hunting out the treasure and infusing me with a little of that gentle sense of humour I am currently seeking to let in. I am proud of what turns out to be my first themed photo collection.


No comments: